Are you busy with your exams at the Secondary Education Examination Board? Do you have to take the subject of Nutrition BSO or are you going to retake it? Would you like a complete course to study without having to find your own study material?Then opt for the home study Nutrition BSO!
Based on the excellent course book and the online guidance of a friendlyÂ teacher, you will receive your certificate for Nutrition Service BSO and be one step closer to your valuable Secondary Education diploma.
- What do we mean by healthy food and on which food model do you base it on?Â What is the nutritional value for each food?
- Compiling a balanced menu with attention to the specific needs of your customer.
- What areÂ food products and what do they contain: an analysis onÂ labels onÂ packaging and the meaning of the different types of ingredients.
- Quality assessment of food products: how do you do this best and on the basis of which criteria?
- The HACCP regulations, cleaning and disinfectants with regard to hygiene and food safety and the types of tools and equipment used.
- Safety: waste management, protection of a kitchen / food store, rules regarding personal safety and safety in the workplace.
- Dietetics for nutrient enriched or restricted diets such as sodium and fat restricted, lactose or gluten free and eÂ protein or fiber enriched.
- Adapted diets for diabetes, pregnancy as well asÂ pre- and post-operative diets.
- Learn about healthy food and be able to put together a balanced menu for your customer
- Learn all about food products, ingredients and labels
- Be able perform a quality assessment and know the regulations
- Know all possible diets and their requirements